Specialist fields (in extracts)
- Treatment of brain tumors as well as the development and implementation of local chemotherapy strategies.
- Operations of vascular malformations (aneurysms and angiomas) in interventional neuroradiological techniques and microsurgical care in multimodal monitoring.
- Treatment of tumors and injuries of the spinal column through dorsal or ventral stabilization measures under continual neurophysiological monitoring (SSEPs, MEPs).
- Purely endoscopic intervertebral disc surgery under local anesthetic.
- Vertebroplasty-a new minimally invasive procedure for conservative reconstruction of collapsed vertebral bodies in osteoporosis and tumors.
- Kyphoplasty - a new procedure for redressing collapsed vertebral bodies.
- Neuroendoscopy with monoportal and biportal access.
- Endoscopy-assisted microsurgery of pituitary tumors and skull base tumors.
- Microsurgical treatment of damage to cervical, thoracic and lumbar intervertebral discs, including minimally invasive procedures.
- Neuronavigation for spinal and cranial surgery using three-dimensional reconstruction technology.
Curriculum vitae (in extracts)
|1975-1980||Medical studies at Heinrich-Heine University Medical School Düsseldorf.|
|1981||Research Quarter from January to March in Kenia, East Africa. Ethnomedical Study "Trepanation in East Africa", sponsored by the German Research Foundation (DFG).|
|1980-1981||nternship at the National Hospital for Nervous Diseases and Middlesex Hospital, London, UK.|
|1982-1983||Residency I in Neurosurgery at the Central Hospital of the German Armed Forces (Bundeswehrzentralkrankenhaus) in Koblenz, FRG, Chairman: Flottenarzt Dr. med. J. Mletzko.|
|1983||VQE Exam. Doctoral Thesis (Promotion to Dr. med.) by the Medical Faculty of Heinrich-Heine University Düsseldorf.|
|1984-1985||Residency II in Neurosurgery at the Neuropathological Institute of the Heinrich-Heine University Düsseldorf Medical School, Chairman Prof. Dr. med. W. Wechsler|
|1985||FLEX Exam, State of New York, USA.|
|1986 to 1990||Residency III in Neurosurgery at the Neurosurgical Department of the Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf Medical School, Chairman Prof. Dr. med. W.J. Bock.|
|1987||Research project sponsored by the Ministry of Science and Research of the State of North-Rhine Westfalia.|
|1990-1991||Fellowship by the May-Foundation, Residency IV in Neurosurgery as Fellow in Neurosurgery Mayo-Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA, Chairman: Thoralf M. Sundt, MD.|
|1993-1994||Consultant at the Neurosurgical Department.|
|1995-1998||Vice Chairman at the Neurosurgical Department.|
|1995-1996||Coworker in the Research Program A12 in the Research Network No.194 of the German Research Foundation (DFG).|
|1996-1998||Co-Investigator in the clinical Study GTI-0115.|
|Since 1998||Professor and Chairman of the Neurosurgical Department of the Helios Klinikum Berlin-Buch, FRG, Associate Professor (apl. Prof.) at the Humboldt-University Berlin, FRG.|
|Since 2000||Senior Consultant in Neurosurgery in the MEOCLINIC International Private Clinic.|
|Since 2002||Member of the Vacular Section of AANS (American Association of Neurological Surgeons).|
|Since 2003||Delegate of DGNC in WFNS (World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies).|
|Since 2004||Chairman of Mayo Alumni German Speaking League (German, Austria, Swiss).|
|Since 2005||Coordiantor Spine Group Helios|